Do you have tinges of arachnophobia (fear of spiders) or simply find these 8-legged pests annoying? Our buildings and gardens are ideal habitats for spiders providing food, an anchorage for their webs or soil for their tunnels. They are attracted to dark warm small spaces such as cracks, air vents and eaves etc. Queensland’s summer warm wet weather provides the perfect conditions for spiders to leave their nests and check out your home.
Australia has a number of poisonous spiders including the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, the Northern Rivers Funnel Web Spider, Redback Spiders, the Mouse Spider, Wolf Spiders, the Black House Spider and the White-tailed Spider. In particular, the male Funnel Web Spiders may wander indoors in search of a mate. The male is more venomous than the female and can cause significant harm to animals and humans if bitten.
- Bite and cause pain and even worse death. Luckily fatalities are rare in Australia although there are many documented cases of people becoming very sick after being bitten by one of Australia’s toxic spiders.
- Create unsightly webs and can collect dust and debris.
- Cause panic and alarm particularly around children.
Important note: if you suspect you have been bitten by a toxic spider seek medical attention immediately!
What is the treatment?
Jim’s professional team of pest control technicians are trained in all areas of pest control. We’ll set up a guaranteed program to control spiders in your home or commercial premises, including the surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.
Our service includes:
- On-site Inspection – We will inspect your property and identify areas of concern.
- Surface Spray – We apply a surface spray that is licensed and formulated for spider control. This would be to walls and paths, gutters, baseboards and soffits.
Recommended Preventative Tips
- Wear gloves – when gardening or handling soil.
- Wear sensible footwear – particularly at night.
- Be wary of wandering ground dwelling spiders after excavations or landscaping.
- Avoid leaving toys out overnight. A spider may use these as a nest.