Jim’s techs are your cockroach control Brisbane experts. Do you suspect you have a problem with cockroaches, or more specifically, the prolific German Cockroach? Then it’s highly likely you do!
Our Queensland buildings are an ideal habitat for cockroaches because they provide food, water, warmth and shelter. If you happen to see them during the day or in areas where there is no food available such as bedrooms, then you may have enormous populations of these German Cockroaches.
Signs you need cockroach control:
- Droppings – Cockroach droppings resemble pepper and larger droppings of around 2mm can have ridges along their sides and have blunt ends.
- Casts – Cockroaches cast off their outer body or skeleton during their life and you may notice these in various areas around your home or building.
- Spoilt Food – Cockroaches will eat food that has not been properly stored and vomit back onto the food.
- Spread disease by transporting bacteria and organisms from sewers and other unsanitary sources to food and food handling surfaces and utensils.
- Seriously harm the reputation of a business. The appearance of Cockroaches in the public areas of a business can result in a huge loss of goodwill and subsequent downturn in business. Even your staff can find the presence of Cockroaches quite repulsive.
- Contaminate food with their droppings, their dead casts (outer skeleton), discarded Cockroach egg cases, dead Cockroaches and even vomit marks.
- Cause unpleasant odours due to secretions from their mouths and outer shell. These are particularly severe when large populations are present.
Our service includes:
- On-site Inspection – We will carry out a survey and report our findings.
- Bait – We will apply special bait which is licensed and formulated for Cockroach control. This is very safe for the whole family, including pets. The bait is applied to out-of-reach places for your added peace of mind.
- Dust – We may apply dust to your roof void, subfloor and in your wall cavities.
- Surface Spray – We may apply a special surface spray which is licensed and formulated for Cockroach Control. This is applied to the perimeter of your home or building.
Recommended Preventative Tips
- Sanitation is vital – Cut off the food and water supply available to Cockroaches. Even small pockets of moisture can keep Cockroaches alive as they can go without food for over a month.
- Proofing – We can advise you on ways to help proof your home against Cockroach entry, such as fixing mesh over holes to prevent Cockroach entry and sealing cracks and crevices.
- Stock – Ensure regular stock rotation and inspect incoming food stock.
- Storage – Ensure food is stored above the ground and clear of walls.
- Garbage – Avoid keeping rubbish indoors overnight and ensure your garbage is kept secure and locked.
What is the treatment?
Jim’s professional team of pest control technicians are trained in all areas of pest control. We’ll set up a guaranteed program to control cockroaches in your home or commercial premises, including the surrounding environment and advise how you can help reduce future problems.