Mice Control Brisbane & Surrounds
Mice seeking out food, water, and shelter might lead them into your building during cool weather. These critters breed quickly and can rapidly turn into a household hazard. Fortunately, our professional mice control will eliminate your problems fast and effectively, and help keep them in check. Call us on 131 546 and an expert local tech will be in touch.
Why mice control is important
These furry pests can cause significant damage to you and your home. They can:
- Spread diseases to humans from their droppings and urine.
- Carry parasites like fleas and intestinal parasites and pass them onto humans.
- Cause massive damage to doors, skirting boards, books, food containers, and upholstery, and can potentially cause fires by chewing electricity wires.
- Spoil food with their droppings, urine, or fur.
Removing an infestation can be very difficult, so it is important to deal with the issue quickly. They have several litters every year, meaning that one mouse can quickly multiply. Professional treatment will ease your worries and clear them out of your building.
Signs of mice activity
If you think you might have these pests in your house, look for the following:
- Droppings: Fresh droppings are shiny and soft, and become dull and hard within 2-3 days. Droppings are 3-6mm long and have pointed ends.
- Rub marks: These are greasy smear marks, made when mice rub their fur against walls and other surfaces.
- Burrows: These are normally found next to waterways and buildings.
- Sounds: They can normally be heard squeaking at night.
- Nest: Their nests are usually made out of rags, paper, and cardboard.
- Gnawing: They gnaw through wood, metal, conduits, and cables to keep their teeth down. This can expose bare wires, and cause short circuits or fires, making these pests a particularly dangerous hazard if left unchecked.
Recommended preventative tips
Prevention is always best. Keep these critters out of your building by doing the following:
- Sanitation: Reduce food and water availability. Avoid keeping your rubbish indoors, take out rubbish frequently, and keep all foods tightly sealed and securely stored when not in use, including pet food.
- Proofing: A particularly important step, removing entry points into your home will prevent these creatures from getting inside in the first place. Cover holes larger than 6mm in screen doors, window mesh, and gaps in your roof or foundation.
- Garden maintenance: Keep grass cut short and control any build-up of rubbish around the outside of the house.
If treatment is needed, our team will assess your building and surroundings and set up a mice control program to suit. We will use a variety of professional treatments that get straight to the source, like rodent-specific baits, traps, and tracking powders. We then advise you how to reduce future problems, so you can have peace of mind that your home will remain mouse-free after professional treatment.
If you’ve got these tiny tenants taking up unwanted space in your house, our mice control treatments will keep any mouse out of your house. Call 131 546 to get a free quote.