Ants in Brisbane homes are quite common yet annoying pests, and can cause a lot of issues if not dealt with quickly. If you’re looking to remove these pesky critters from your home or workplace, call our team on 131 546 to get started with a free quote.
There are over 1300 described ant species in Australia, and many need different treatments to control them. Our team at Jim’s Termite and Pest Control are experienced in detecting and removing all kinds of species from Brisbane buildings. We’ll solve your ant problem with effective, environmentally safe treatment and help stop them from coming back.
Why ants are a problem
Our houses provide shelter, food, water, and warmth for these insects. They can live anywhere in your house, including roof voids, subfloors, kitchens, bathrooms, external walls, and gardens.
Even though they’re small, ants can cause a lot of problems for people, including:
- Diseases: They are scavengers and look for food in any areas they can find — including in rubbish, dog excrement, and other unsanitary places. They can carry diseases into your home and onto your food.
- Bites and stings: Some species (like the bull and fire ant) bite and cause pain and even allergic reactions.
- Ugly trails and mounds: They can leave trails throughout your home, and litter your lawn with their nests.
- Damage: Some underground nests can cause pavement cracks because of their size. Serious infestations can cause electrical short circuits from their nests.
Ant treatment options
Ants are some of the most difficult insects to control, because of their large colonies and many different species needing different treatments. Baits, traps, and other household solutions can help remove them as they appear, but these methods are time-consuming, not always effective, and do not eliminate the nest – making them likely to come back.
The most efficient way to deal with these pets is professional treatment. Our team can identify which species is on your property, and then use the best treatment to remove the colony for long-term results.
Ant infestation prevention tips
One of the best ways to control ant populations is to make your house uninviting to them. You can help by doing the following things in your home:
- Cleanliness: Keep your rubbish bins sealed, and take out the rubbish frequently.
- Food Storage: Store all food above the ground, and in tightly sealed containers. Make sure no food or water is left out.
- External Walls: Keep trees and heavy foliage away from your home’s exterior walls, as they can be used as a bridge into your home. Seal any cracks or openings in your house’s foundation. Check around windows, door frames, and utility pipes.
We’re here to help
These small pests live in massive numbers and are difficult to get rid of by yourself. Our trained and fully insured Jim’s Pest Control techs will deliver quality results, and use the most effective treatments to control ants on your property.