Even the cleanest homes can have ant issues. People usually want to know how to get rid of ants the moment they see them, and end up wasting their money on treatments that don’t work. Fortunately, professional pest control gets rid of them quickly and safely.
Call our team on 131 546 and get a free quote.
What is the best way to get rid of ants?
ur team can set up a guaranteed program to control ants in a building and the surrounding environment. Destroying the nest and colony is the only way to make sure these pests won’t come back, and our treatments get right to the source.
When we come to treat your property, we start by surveying the area, and report what we find to you. We will then use a treatment that best suits the species on your property:
- Bait: We may apply a special bait created for ant removal, which they take back to the nest and it poisons the colony. This bait is safe for all members of your household, including children and pets. It is applied in discrete areas of your house to be out of sight and out of mind.
- Surface Spray: We might apply a special surface spray specific for ant control. This is applied to the perimeter of your house or building. Regular perimeter barrier service is a highly effective treatment in Queensland’s warm weather, and lets us check in and make sure your treatment is working.
- Insecticides: For large infestations, we might apply insecticidal dust or foams in your roof void, subfloor, and in wall cavities. While these are safe for indoor use, we might need to drill small holes in your wall to access these cavities.
We will also advise how you can help reduce future problems, and make sure your house is pest-free as long as possible.
Our ant treatment results
These treatments help control even the most difficult ant problems by eliminating the colony, rather than just getting rid of visible ants. We get to the root of the problem the first time with our comprehensive treatments, which provide long-term results.
Outside of our professional treatments, you can help get rid of ants in your home by making it uninviting for them:
- Cleanliness: Keep your rubbish bins sealed, and take out the rubbish frequently.
- Food Storage: Store all food above the ground, and in tightly sealed containers. Make sure no food or water is left out for them to access.
- External Walls: Keep trees and heavy foliage away from your home’s exterior walls, as these can be used as a bridge into your home. Seal any cracks or openings in your house’s foundation. Check around windows, door frames, and utility pipes.
We’re here to help
There’s no need to put up with an ant infestation. Our team at Jim’s Termite and Pest Control Brisbane are highly qualified at identifying and removing ants, and use effective treatments for long-term results.